Friday, November 8, 2013

Finally got an Accurate Targeted Ad.

Freestyle Blog!

Okay, we all know everyone hates advertising...unless...it's for something they love and support. Advertising is generally annoying, because it always asks you to spend money. I think that companies are starting to catch on to this, and, as a result, products are starting to be marketed to you directly so that they appear to be in line with things that you support.

I am a life-long rail enthusiast and supporter. Finally, just the other day, I received an advertisement on a Youtube video for a new Luxury rail tour that originates in Seattle. "They" finally figured out that I support rail, and that this is a "cause" I would support, and perhaps a product I would like to buy.

I ended up going to the company's website and filling out a resume application. :)

1 comment:

  1. Makes me think about the advertisements on the sidebar on FB that are in accordance to people's liking or how on Netflix based on what you watch there are recommendations of other movies similar to those interests. I think with advertising, of course their goal is for you to consume their products, but now I'm beginning to see that companies doing advertisements that try to approach audiences in a more creative way to show why their products are good or useful.

    http://prafulla.net/graphics/creativity/very-creative-advertising-too-tempting/

    Some of these advertisements would definitely draw me some because of their cleverness, some because you have to kind of fit the puzzle together of why they did what they did and then once you realize it there is that "aha" moment, etc....

    ReplyDelete